Patients admitted to the intensive care unit not requiring support for the above are usually admitted for intensive/invasive monitoring, such as the crucial hours after major surgery when deemed too unstable to transfer to a less intensively monitored unit. The high-tech facilities available in this ICU are:
intensive care nurses and doctors, ventilator technicians, physiotherapists, psychologists dieticians, pharmacists and housekeepers.
- Mechanical Ventilators both invasive and non invasive.
- Infusion pumps.
- Blood Gas Analysers,Airway Acessories,Percutareous Tracheostomy.
- Invasive hemodynamic monitoring including cardiac output monitoring.
- Internal / external pacemaker.
- Intra Aortic Balloon Pump.
- Continuous ECG and BP monitors.
- Total parenteral nutritional support
- External tube nutritional support
- Inhouse hemodialysis unit
- Patient controlled pain relief system
- Acute pain relief with regional blocks and other nerve blocks with nerve locaters.
- 4D portable Echo Machine,Ultrasonography,
- C Arm for imaging